Monday, August 21, 2006

Bricklaying


Though money will be an issue up until the day I achieve true financial independence (read:pipedream), things are definitely looking up in the last week. I found, as of today, 2.5 k that I didn’t know existed. That should be enough to fund my trip and I should have plenty left over to reintegrate myself back into the humdrum workaday life that we all must live, within reason.


As I plan and obsess over it, I’m seeing that this trip is fully manageable and it grows less and less of a risky venture the more I plan. Its coming together as a theme now: If I want it, there are ways to make it happen. I have told only one friend about the full extent of my plans. My parents have the idea that I’m doing the usual two week jaunt. But I feel a need to get enough of the details of this straight and as solid as they can be before dragging my parents into what they will almost certainly see as the begining of my descent into lunacy. Written 4/12/06

No comments: