Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Trip Stats (Preliminary)

Time to travel from Flagstaff, AZ to Buenos Aires: 25 hrs. (layovers not included)
Total days spent in Argentina: 78
Approximate miles I may cover: 7000
Hours of bus time: 223, more or less
Average speed of tranport: 31 mph
Other countries I may visit: Uruguay, Brazil, Chile
Countries I'll come close to: Paraguay and Bolivia
Total number of stops: 13-15+
Oceans and seas: 3 (S. Atlantic, S. Pacific, Scotia Sea)
Projected espresso consumption: 80-100 cups
Hours spent up past my bedtime (bedtime=00:00): 50 or so.
Penguins I expect to see: too many to count.
Scoops of Helado: in the hundreds
Empanadas from street vendors: close to a hundred
Steaks consumed from a parilla: at least 50.
Gallons of mate sipped through a bombilla: one, perhaps.
Bottles of Mendoza Wine: 6-12
Miles of Buenos Aires street walked: 80 at least.
Cafes to while away the morning/afternoon: a dozen or dozens.
Trekking mileage: a hundred, maybe more.
Mountain biking mileage: yeah, about a hundred.
Tangos witnessed: Thousands, I'm guessing.
Tangos attempted: ??

No comments: