Monday, February 05, 2007

Next Bus


Today is another travel day. I talk to a French traveler embarking on an expedition atop a 20k volcano for the bargain basement price of $60, a promotional offer. I skip the much needed sleep and look for a ticket to my next destination. I can find no more reason to stay in San Juan. Valle de Luna would be a nice excursion, but its so much like the scenery in Arizona, presumably, that I think its better to move on. I easily find a bus to Mendoza leaving later in the morning.


I hoof it to Winca’s hostel from the bus station. I decide almost immediately to get on the river and white water raft. With an expedition company every third store, this is not a problem. I find one for $40. I visit a restaurant that is reviewed as having the best pizza in Mendoza, but I’m not so sure. It goes down like Pizza Hut. Days behind on my sleep, I call it an early night, preparing for an early morning aventura.

No comments: